Monday, May 28, 2007

Countdown!

5 more days in Hailar

17 more days in China

22 more days until I return to Minneapolis

There have been so many contradicting emotions flooding me lately which have prevented me from properly updating you. Perhaps after I return to the states and sort through my thoughts (and pictures) you will receive a more detailed description of my last month here.

In the meantime, I'll give you the abridged version of the past few weeks and my upcoming plans.

May 13th - May 18th
I spent a wonderful week on vacation out East with a family from Minnesota. We did life together and I was blessed to see a bit of the work they've been doing. I also had a ton of 'kiddo' time which brought me great joy.

May 21st - May 25th
This was my last week at the second school I had been visiting. Unlike most things, saying 'goodbye' does not get easier with practice.

May 26th - June 1st
This will be my last week at the main school I visit. I will have to bid 'farewell' to each of the 20 classes that I visit. I have developed deeper friendships with these teachers and anticipate quite a few lunches and dinners together throughout the week. I will also be meeting with all the Camp Shamineau employers, who are dear friends, for the last time this week.

June 2nd - June 10th
I will fly to Beijing on the evening of the 2nd. In Beijing I plan to meet with a few friends, both Americans from the States and Chinese friends whom I met through Shamineau, for some sight-seeing experiences. Thankfully, God has provided free lodging for me while I am there, so I will be able to afford a side trip to Tianjin.

June 10th - June 13th.
I plan to take a train from Beijing to Tianjin to visit some teachers I met during May holiday. These Americans work at an international school, which I plan to visit with an interest for future possibilities.

June 14th
I fly out of Beijing for Chicago, IL!

June 14th - 19th (or so)
Home with the 'rents. Laundry, picture swapping with my South American traveled sister, and French toast.

June 19thish
Minneapolis: Julie's basement.

3 comments:

SK said...

Hooray for Julie's basement!! I left the curtains there for you!

Anonymous said...

boo, i'll miss u when you come home (i'll be in LA). but no job means trips to the twins. can't wait to see you soon.
will you be as glad to be home as i was? i don't think it's possible. i think i realized i'm not going to fulfill my dream of being a global nomad, thank you very much.
LOVE, LOVE.

Unknown said...

You know what I just realized? You HAVE to keep blogging when you get back to the Twin Cities. Reading your blog has been one of my online habits for month's now. What will I read when you're back?