Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Embracing Questions and the Answers Found

Do you think that so much of the busyness that occurs in our lives is to keep us from asking questions? Is it possible that we intrinsically know that if we ask questions we will inevitably find answers; answers to which we will then have to give a response? And since we've learned that a response eventually must be defended and fought for, are we avoiding creating such a core and consistent frame of mind that would demand we fight; fight for our beliefs and for the answers we hold dear? When did we start to question? When will we stop questioning? When will we allow our questions to turn into convictions that we will stand up for?

4 comments:

PopStar said...

We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship.

Special K said...

Who wrote this? I like it, and it reminds me of the essays of one my favorite authors, Angeles Mastretta. I'll look for the quote I'm thinking of and get back to ya'. Until then, I'll ponder these questions!

Katrina said...

I did. Would Mr. Bauer approve?

Special K said...

Yeah he would! Holy cow, you should write a book of essays or something. Include your own photos and you'll accomplish that dream, too!

Did he have your class read the essay "A Chase"? It's by Annie Dillard (love her) and it's about kids and a youthful adult in a snowball fight. Anyway, I always think of it when I think of him and/or snowball fights. You'd like it, for sure.