Friday, February 2, 2007

Can Old Dogs Learn New Tricks?

After two days of relaxing and playing games with the American staff and Chinese friends here at Camp Shamineau, we have finally arrived at a plan for the remaining days before students arrive for the third camp on January 7th.

Sherry and Woody (a retired American couple that I'm sharing an apartment with in Hailar) will be headed to Manzhouli, a city on the border of Russia, to visit with a friend and recruit students in a few schools for summer camps.

I'll be returning to Hailar tomorrow morning with John and his wife Mary (owners of the camp) where I hope to spend a few days plastered in front of my computer screen, making this blog more like home with pictures and some style, finally composing worthy email responses, organizing pictures and song files, and continuing the journaling I've recently started.

I found a book today while organizing the storage room here at the camp that I'll discuss in detail in a later post, which has inspired me to journal. Granted, finding the inspiration to journal has never been my difficulty, rather lacking the discipline to continue after a few days is my failure. We shall see if old dogs can learn new tricks. My Chinese symbol is a dog and in China, because of how they count one's age, I am 25! So it seems as if I really am an old dog! Hopefully I won't become lazy and fat.....

No comments: