Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Alive and Well

Although I failed at my fasting from food, I ended up taking a longer hiatus from the Internet than expected! Now that I'm back, however, I look forward to sharing all the blessings I've been given since I last posted.

As I attempted to focus on Christ's sacrifice this past week, I intended to sustain myself with only one meal each day. Already on Sunday, though, it became clear that such a plan would hinder much fellowship with many of my friends who so often spontaneously request a meal date with me. And since I feel fully lead to focus my time and energy on relationships, I did not want to alter such friendships with potentially offensive religious practices, which would be difficult to understand.

I did, however, refrain from any Internet activity not directly related to teaching. I didn't even access the Internet at my house for fear I would be too tempted to peek at my inbox. Therefore, you can imagine my surprise when I excitedly attempted to shout "Christ Is Risen!" over the phone to my parents on Easter Sunday but instead was greeted with a message telling me the phone was not connected. The problem-solver in me then tuned to my computer, hoping to send them a message over the Internet instead, where I also found a lack of connectivity. Apparently God wanted me to focus on communicating with Him instead of home just a bit longer.

The week of Internet fasting prepared me well so I didn't panic, figuring it would be a simple fix and I could wait until then patiently. Well, it is now Wednesday and my patience has been pushed to its limit. I am so grateful to finally communicate again. So to honor my thankful spirit and celebrate the endurance of my patience, I'm going to reward myself with some catch-up posts. Enjoy!

No comments: