Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Sports Dance

I made up another song. And this time I created the melody too. At least I think I did. How do you copyright a song? How do you know you're not stealing the melody from some long lost tune that your soul can remember without your brain knowing? With so many songs created in the history of this world, I have to wonder, is it even possible to create something new? Are we not by now simply just rearranging the works of past inspirations? Watching Mona Lisa's Smile twice in only a few days leaves me to wonder: What is art? How do we know something is real and not a copy? And can a copy of the original still be art?

Whether it's an original or not, the students at the camp may be rocking out to my Sports Dance song, if only I could accurately write down the rhythm and melody...

1 comment:

PopStar said...

there is nothing new - under the sun