Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Move Over Mozart!

For those of you who think you have chosen your favorite song of the week/month/year, you had better take a look at this gem and reconsider.

Actually, this is a song for which I wrote the words, but the tune must be credited to the Allards with their original song Great Machine. Students here are not interested in such great construction equipment because it simply does not exist. They are, however, learning about clothes and weather, so in an effort to combine these two themes, I created a song. It may not grace the top 10 list of the week, but my students sure do like it!

So, in case you were beginning to think I wasn't doing anything on this side of the world, the proof of my work is below.

The Weather Song
To the tune of Great Machine
by Peter and Ellen Allard

The weather now is cold
The snow is falling fast
So cover up your nose and toes
Outside we'll have a blast

Boots go on your feet....
A coat around your shoulders...
A warm hat on your head....
A scarf around your neck...
Mittens cover up your hands....

The weather now is wet
The rain is falling down
We go outside and splash and laugh
With puddles all around

Galoshes go on your feet...
An umbrella held in your hands....
A rain slicker jacket....

The weather now is warm
The sun is shining bright
We all can go outside and slide
And play with all our might

Sunglasses shade your eyes...
Sandals keep your feet cool...
Shorts keep your legs cool...
A t-shirt keeps your arms cool...
A dress keeps the girls cool...

The weather now is cool
The leaves are falling down
It's fun to play outside all day
And rake them off the ground

A wind breaker jacket...
A rake held in your hands...
A shirt on your arms....
Jeans on your legs...




2 comments:

Special K said...

Impressive, your creativity and ryhming scheme, but I must admit that my currently favorite educational song is the one found at

http://www.dgs.k12.il.us/heart.htm

I'm trying to get a kazoo so my Year 10 can perform it during one of the weekly assemblies!!

Katrina said...

Well that was fun, but I think it's a little too fast, even for my 8th grade students. And if I'm going to integrate science, I think I'll opt for Jon's chemistry song.

A kazoo? That sounded closer to a kazoo chorus! Do you remember when you and Janie played the kazoos in pep band? Those were the days...