Thursday, April 12, 2007

He Is Risen Indeed!

A few years ago, my sister and our friend Jewels and I created an exciting Easter tradition. Since we were all in the cities without family, we spent the entire day in fellowship, attending as many services as we could cram into the morning, eating dinner together, savoring an Easter cake, and then attending an evening service too! Our theory was, if Easter is a day of celebrating, why just attend one party, why not join them all! That year I went to four services; one a sunrise service at 6 am.

Although missing my friends and family from the states this year, I continued the tradition and attended three fellowships on Easter morning! One meeting was at a small location near the college, one in a larger building with the Carlsons, and the last was a more intimate fellowship which focused on studying the reasons we celebrate Easter. The meetings filled my Easter basket with joy beyond Cadburry eggs.





A less traditional Easter basket.









Who wants an Easter basket with eggs inside when you can have a cage with a live bird instead?














Oh sisters let's go down,
Let's go down
Come on down
Oh sister's let's go down,
Down in the river to pray.







Um, that's the street, not the river.
























Christ Is Risen!







He Is Risen, Indeed!





I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.
I will enter His courts with praise.
I will say this is the day that the Lord has made.
I will rejoice for He has made me glad.
.

1 comment:

Special K said...

You're so blessed! I only made it to one, but it was a protestant church and lasted 2.5 hours! That should probably count for 2 services! It was amazingly refreshing, uplifting, encouraging, convicting, etc. and second best to in the states. Not gonna lie, though, I did miss the beautiful plastic eggs filled with chocolate ones!