Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Boredom

I was more than a bit bored this evening. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. So what do you do when there's no one to talk to, you don't feel like reading, you've watched every movie in the house at least twice, and you have no TV? You google your sister!

Although you may think you know Special K, do you know this version of her?

"K. S. used to be big in horror films...She was well qualified for it, after all...at the age of ten she sold her soul to the devil."

"K.S., once queen of the lesbian vampire scene and star of a million schoolboy fantasies..."

"We don't find out enough about K." except that she does "spring up, undead and effortlessly, eternally E-cupped, from a puff of thick black smoke."

Who writes this junk? I'm fairly confident that this book will NEVER grace my bookshelf.

Further searching led me to some comments praising the music of at least two Venezuelan music CDs, that I'm quite certain were written by my non-fictional sister.

She may or may not have volunteered for Casa De Esperanza.

She qualified for the AP Scholar Award by completing three or more AP Examinations with grades of 3 or higher. (I know this to be true because I qualified for the same award that same year. Smarty Pants was always nipping at my heals...)

An administrate supervisor of the Riverside County Department of Health in California - nope.

She could be a third SEI teacher (whatever that means) in room 23 at Amesti School in California. This school is dedicated to their bilingual community. Someday, perhaps, this could be her.

A fifth grade teacher in Union Community School District, Iowa?

An elementary teacher at Redrock Central High School in Lamberton, MN?

What's with all the teachers named K.S.? Either there is one other K.S. out there who's been teaching at a lot of different schools or you're cursed into the teaching profession if your name is K.S.

Then there was some government page from Utah County listing all the party details for a K. I was more than a little confused.

On page 5 of my search I actually found a clip from her blog! And when finally finding the sister of present day that I know and love, I stopped surfing google. For today, anyway. YOU may be tomorrow's subject...

2 comments:

Special K said...

Wow, that's super creepy, ñaña. And I'm actually shocked that you got so many legit hits on my past. I hadn't ever received that newsletter from Casa de Esperanza, so I actually learned something new, too!

And sorry, but I can't see in the near future enough time to research you likewise.

Katrina said...

That's ok, Karla, since all you'll really get with my name are a bunch of hurricane stories and pictures!