Monday, March 5, 2007

An Eventful Day

I found my chapstick!

I bought a chicken. Well, actually Mary bought a chicken, but I was there watching the man cut the head and legs cut off. It was gross. I'd be a vegetarian if I liked vegetables.

I nearly ran into a guy with a gun today. I couldn't see well since my scarf was up to my eyes due the the sudden cold snap with an extra gust of wind. I was about a foot from him when I noticed his gun. Now this wasn't a hand rifle. It was an automatic, many-rounds-per-second gun. Apparently there was some money being transfered to a van. It looked official so after the initial shock I wasn't too worried.

Another friend is engaged. Congrats H and S!

I actually found a satisfying comforter and it came with sheets to match! This is a huge deal, people! Every time I have found anything remotely close to being something I could stare at for another three months and with which I could be sufficiently warmed, the store either doesn't have it for a twin bed, or I can't find suitable sheets to go along with the ok-I'll-settle-for-this-one comforter. Well I didn't settle today (not on the comforter at least.) I'll grace you with pictures later since it must be washed before use.

I ate three bowls of my cereal concoction today and I felt sick all evening. Perhaps the milk here really is the same for my stomach as the milk in America.

Woody and Sherry returned!

My second group today was so rowdy and low in their English ability that I had to resort to the old 'lights out' trick. It worked for about 10 seconds until I got a bunch of cries in Chinese for what I assume to be 'turn them off again!" I may need to prep a little more for this group.

I had my first official guests tonight. I just love playing hostess! I think all enjoyed the wonderful evening of conversation, games and laughter as much as I took pleasure in preparing it all.

The kitchen floor looks much better without a dirty tarp coving the beautiful hardwood floor.

Tonight is silent. The firecrackers are no more. In peace I can sleep.

1 comment:

Special K said...

Classic, Trin! "I'd be a vegetarian if I liked vegetables." I love it!!! I've actually made quite a bit of progress since my 'sweetarian' days, but I just can't learn to love that vitamin-rich broccoli (I know I fooled ya', Aunt Shirley, but I couldn't keep up the act much longer!)