Friday, March 30, 2007

Winning Quotes of the Day

Fridays are particularly interesting days at work. Since most public schools let children out early on Fridays, there are droves of early children who come into my office just to watch me breathe. Sometimes they watch so closely I can feel and smell their breathing. I don't mind hanging out with children, it's pretty much what I do. But when I'm trying to work on preparations, it's a little difficult to have multiple shadows asking questions and telling me things. Today, however, instead of being mostly annoyed, I was quite amused. Why, you ask? Because the memorable quotes just kept coming! Here are a few of my favorites:

"You have blue eyes."
(I actually have hazel eyes that could be called green only on a good day and this is about the 10th time a student has told me this.)

"I want to watch you pee."
(I was indeed being followed to the bathroom when I decided I could wait.)

"You are very tall and thin. Are you a model?"
(Why, yes! Didn't you see my front-page layout in the flier?)


***So I've been trying to link an old post entitled "Covergirl" to the word 'flier' for about 30 minutes now. But since I have to use a secure search engine just to read my own blog, I can't figure out how to copy that page's address without including the search engine's information, and it doesn't work as a link through the secure surfing page. So, alas, you'll just have to be smart enough to find the archived post I'm referencing.***

1 comment:

PopStar said...

i have a better one !
(don't yoU just love my arrogance?)

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

-Alexander Pope,
An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733