Monday, March 12, 2007

Miss Me?

The Little Things I Miss

  • pop-top cans
  • familiar cell phone rings
  • TLC channel
  • my bed (ok, that's a big soft comfortable thing....)
  • inside jokes
  • hugs
  • hand soap
  • doors that don't have glass panels
  • round doorknobs
  • Red Box runs with Julie
  • school supply rooms
  • solid colored textiles (shirts, sheets, towels, etc.)
  • friends who spill more than I do (I love you Trin!)
  • music I recognize and can understand
  • going barefoot
The Things I Know I Will Miss
  • food
  • hospitality like I've never known
  • flavored milk
  • walking
  • the people I work with
  • vegetables that taste good
  • the amusement of confusion
  • snow
  • meat at every meal
  • Jane's Laugh
  • Polly's smile
  • corner grocery stores
  • Lydia's gentleness
  • conversations with Rose
  • dumplings
  • blue skies and sunshine daily
  • the innocence of girls
  • bing (food, not Crosby)
  • grasslands
  • dedicated students
  • 2 hour lunch breaks
  • "It's my pleasure"
  • British accents
Things I Will Never Miss No Matter Where I Am
  • long underwear
  • metered on-ramps
  • car horns
  • public urination
  • the effects of alcohol
  • squatty potties
  • communication struggles
  • men who won't step up to the plate
  • smoke
  • lukewarm coffee
  • lukewarm followers of my Father
  • divorce
  • men who spit in public
  • the lack of street signs
  • being stared at
  • bad chocolate
  • over zealous heaters

2 comments:

Unknown said...

China Doll, you bring me great joy! I'll never forget your lovely gift of Tide Pens, for they remind me that I'm loved & accepted, clumsiness and all.

PopStar said...

If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it that you don't feel at home there?