Monday, March 12, 2007

I've Never...

For those of you who remember this wonderful youth group game, you might rejoice in knowing I've introduced it to about 5 groups at work so far! Here are a few of my favorite quotes from this weekend's games:

I've never eaten people.
I've never met God.
I've never been to the girls' toilet.
I've never been fat.

Overall, instead of making me feel depressed and rushed to catch up with my friend's experiences as I once felt, this game made me aware of how privileged I am and reminded me to be thankful for the many opportunities and experiences I have been blessed with thus far. And while my nature is to continually desire something more, I must never forget what I have been given.

I have unfortunately been given a large abrasion and bruise on my forearm from playing this game...

3 comments:

PopStar said...

I've never plucked a rooster
and I am not too good at ping-pong
and I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against the wall
and I've never kissed a chipmunk,
and I've never gotten head lice
and I have never been to Boston in the fall

and I've never licked a spark-plug
and I've never sniffed a stink bug
and I've never painted Daisies on a big red rubber ball
and I've never bathed in yogurt
and I don't look good in leggings
and I've never been to Boston in the fall

(see what entitling your post 'i've never' gets yoU!)

Katrina said...

Well, I'm not sure I actually want to do any of those things except for maybe visit Boston in the fall.

I have unfortunately had head lice, and although some may think I look good in leggings, I'd rather leave that fashion mistake back in the 7th grade.

Special K said...

um, I don't think they understand how to get out of the middle if they're throwing out ideas like eating people!

secondly, the reason one has never sniffed a stink bug is because one knows the number one rule: always waft!