Friday, March 2, 2007

Shoveling Out

Although I have not been experiencing any snow, it seems as though the entire Midwest (and MN in particular) has been dumped on. We have actually been having a warm spell here with temperatures high enough to start a symphonic dripping. And, unlike last week, I have been walking in and through it all as I traversed the streets to work again.

This week began with a welcoming of responsibility as I again returned to work. Although I am sure in another few weeks I will be craving some vacation time, I am overjoyed at having something to do. And in an effort to connect more with the women I am working with, I have invited them all to join me once a week for games, movies, or just simple chatter as we unwind from work, practice our English and get to know one another. I do not yet know if this will have the makings of a book study, but I hope that whatever it becomes, I will be building relationships.

No comments: