Friday, March 23, 2007

Tuck In, This Is Not Rubbish!

There's just something about a British accent that always causes me to pause ever so slightly, sigh, and savor the enchantment of it all.

I had lunch with a man from England today. He recently started working at the college and we were introduced through my friend Lynn who works with him. I think Lynn is worried that I am lonely, especially with Woody and Sherry leaving tomorrow. She also expressed concern for James but he assured us both that he rather prefers his solitude. So much for a Settler's partner. He did mention something about night clubs though, so I may need to draw on my sister's dancing enthusiasm for an evening to experience the night life here in Hailar.

Changing focus now: I found some amazing pictures on the internet today. It's so interesting what you can stumble across when you're just looking for some simple visuals to accompany a new song you've created. Many of the photos I got lost in were of abandoned buildings and houses. Their inspiring beauty, along with the warmer weather may lead to another batch of pictures coming your way!

3 comments:

Special K said...

Ah yes, that lovely British accent (which some argue doesn't exist because there are as many different accents as there are regions of Great Britian) is ohl I hea hea. And I am currently thinking (and troying to taype) with won of the many accents I hea ohl daee long. It's not terribly enchahnting anymoh, but rahtha familia.

And yes, please please take advahntage of the dahncing pahtneh, if only fo me!

PopStar said...

no - don't sedn them - we can only take so much ! we're getting burried here ! ahhhh !

ok - not. but we could be. if we wished it hard enough.

PopStar said...

i spent this morning with a man from England. He is quite old compared to all of us, and yet, is still the person i would like most to listen to - all morning and day and night if possible, but you've gotta stop in there sometime.