Monday, March 19, 2007

It's Only A Day Away

The sky this morning seemed unsure whether it should snow or rain; so it decided to sun instead. (Yes, I did just knowingly make sun a verb.)

A friend was recently inquiring about my mood and health, knowing that Hailar is in a perpetual winter, and no doubt thinking such winter skies would be as dark and dismal as Minnesota's bleak winters. Ironically, here one needs to wear sunglasses and long johns simultaneously. The only days in which it does not sun (at least I'm being consistent...) are those in which it snows. And since snow is to me like can nip is to a kitty, I am energized even more so when clouds appear.

After a day of sun, the clouds returned tonight with determination and the snow began to fall. So although there may be little hope of warmth in the near future, I am blissful, knowing that the sun will come out tomorrow.

5 comments:

Special K said...

Even if it's not the first snow of the season, I always think of you and catnip whenever it snows! Also, I saw a Gilmore girls the other night and was confused/apalled about the recent developments.

Katrina said...

Which development? Her cheating on Luke? Marrying Chris? Separating from Chris?

Special K said...

Yes to all of the above! Chris was jealous because Luke was much more present in her life, but she said not to worry because she chose Chris. I clearly missed a lot during those 3 years I didn't watch. It's gotten all so soap-opera-esque.

PopStar said...

i'm sorry. just one more. pleasssseeeee!

this discussion screams for a Scrubs quote!:

Ted: [He's hanging upside down from an exercise machine.] A little help!

J.D.: Ted, what are you doing?

Ted: I like to do stomach crunches after lunch.

J.D.: Ted, lunch was four hours ago.

Ted: Yep, I wasted most of my Tuesday.

J.D.: It's Wednesday.

Ted: Aw, man! I missed the Gilmore Girls!

PopStar said...

shall i attempt a redemption of poor previous comment?

here's an oldie - but a goodie (also cause i just 'randomly' ran across it 2 seconds ago:

Gold is the color of the morning sun
That shines so freely on everyone
It's the sun above that keeps us warm
It's the Son of love that calms the storm
That can give us life, that can make us grow
That can turn our mornings into gold